HOME CARE ASSISTANT
Locations: Coventry / Worcester / Kidderminster / Droitwich / / Evesham / Birmingham / Walsall
We are looking for passionate, hardworking and dedicated Care Assistants
Deliver care to elderly people in their own homes and provide
care and support in their day to day living.
Closing Date: ongoing
Experience in Care is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
The Minimum requirements are:
Driver with own vehicle preferred (But not essential)
Be willing to complete training offered including:
The Care Certificate
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Moving & Handling
Two references, one of which must be either your current or most recent employer.
An enhanced DBS
Weekly Covid-19 Testing
The tasks you may be required to undertake include:
• Washing/bathing/showering a person’s body and hair.
• Mouth care such as the cleaning of dentures and teeth.
• Toileting which may include changing continence pads and dealing with catheter and stoma bags.
• Helping them to eat and drink.
• Helping them with their personal appearance.
• Prompting or administering their medication.
• Meal preparation.
• Emptying commodes and urine bottles.
• Cleanliness of the house such as washing up, hovering, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens.
• Generally making sure service users are comfortable and warm.
• Collecting pensions and prescriptions.
• Talking and listening.
• Escort Duties.
• Sitting Services.
• Activities such as reminiscence, dominoes, reading letters etc.
• Assist service users to participate in cultural and religious activities.
• Organise appointments to doctors, dentists, opticians etc
• Ensure access to the wider community and maintain links with family and friends
• Participate in social functions in the community e.g. Day Care, Library visits
• Offer assistance with access to and understanding of benefits.
Benefits for being a care support worker:
Competitive rates of pay
Experienced and professional 24/7 support
Access to continuous professional and personal development
Being part of a friendly team in a fast-growing organisation
Please complete the following form to apply.